Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lazy Girls Bread recipe

I love the smell of freshly baked bread! There is nothing else like it to make a house feel warm and cozy. I haven't made bread in quite a while but as I was wasting time surfing the blogs, I came across a few posts mentioning baking biscuits.I decided that I need to start baking bread regularly again. I dusted off my bread baking recipe just for y'all. I call it Lazy Girl Bread because, well, um, I'm lazy...LOL

The recipe that I use to make bread is so easy...It is just 4 numbers...

6-3-3-13


Thats all you need to remember to bake some delicious bread, rolls, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls whatever it is you may want.

6 cups of water     (room temp or slightly warmer)

3 tablespoons of yeast


3 tablespoons of salt ( I prefer sea salt)

13 cups of flour


Mix all of the ingredients together. NO kneading required. I prefer to use a plastic dishpan for this dough. A new one of course. Let the dough rise on the counter for a few hours and then loosely cover with plastic wrap and stick it in the fridge. Cut off a piece of the dough whenever you want bread or rolls. Allow it to raise up some and bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes depending on what you are making.

This dough will keep for two weeks in the fridge although I usually use it up in about a week. No need to clean your dishpan either. Just scrape down the sides and mix up more dough. The leftover bits act as sourdough starter! How easy! No wait... How Lazy!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks amazing. I love homemade bread too. I might have to give this a whirl b4 summer.

    Thanks for joining our hop on Mommys Online Garage Sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're my kind of baker!EASY!! Love it. I am a new follower. Come see me sometime and enter my giveaway!
    http://ramblesahm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Thanks for the easy recipe!

    I am a new follower of your blog. Thanks for joining our I love blogging hop! I hope you have time to stop by www.mooseandtater.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new follower from I Love Blogging. I'd love for you to visit my blog and follow back.

    Donna
    http://potofgoldgiveaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Love the recipe but it sounds dangerous for the waistline. Please stop into

    http://theholeintheceiling.blogspot.com

    Thanks,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete