Monday, January 17, 2011

The miracle of YouTube videos!

Wow! You can literally find a video on anything via YouTube. I posted last week about how badly I have let my personal image slide. Well, after spending the evening looking at videos, I found some new ideas on sculpting my once wayward eyebrows. I look like a girl again! No more Abe Vigoda in the mirror. I am still trying to deal with the extremely dark circles under my eyes. Nothing has ever worked to conceal them. I choose to wear glasses instead of contacts just to help hide how dark they are.

How dark are they, you ask? Well, when I was a teen, my younger sister got into my makeup. She drew lines under her eyes with mascara because she thought that is where it went. Uh no, it doesn't go there, sis.

I want to try the new Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer to see if it will help. I saw a review for this on Nouveau Cheap's Blog. Looks like it may help at least a little. I'll let you know next week.

I also spent the week doing some online shopping. Gotta love the convenience of the modern world. I admit to being an impulse shopper at 2 am. I ordered a pair of those slimming jeans from JcPenney. They are Lee Slender Secrets. Being short and plus size, it can be hard for me to find jeans that fit. These say that they are plus size petite. I wonder if they will be petite enough? Ordered a lot of other things too. I love to shop from JcPenney, Sephora, and Kohl's.

It's definitely worth the little extra effort to feel like a girl again. Just because I'm a mom of many, it's no excuse to be a bag lady. (not that being a bag lady is bad, mind you) Now I need to think shoes. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. I'm following from the hop! Should you wish to return the love at wordsinsync.blogspot.com Shah,X

    ReplyDelete