Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thoughts from the Garden



Here in Florida, it's entirely possible to garden almost year round. Except for the few day of freeze that we have, there really isn't a dormant period. I love to get the seed catalogs in the mail so that I can dream up the perfect garden. My family can tell you that I'm far from perfect, however.

My new favorite catalog is from Garden's Alive. It comes with a $25 gift certificate to use on your first purchase. Nothing like free to get your garden growing.


I will be getting some tomato seeds from Tomato Bob's as well as some various vegetable seeds from Heirloom Seeds. I love the planning stages of gardening, it's the actual doing that I sometimes have trouble with.

I've already picked up a couple of grape vines from Walmart. They were only $5 each. Of course, the kids want to know when they can have grapes fresh from the vine. I had to tell them that it may take a few years before there are any substantial amounts of grapes growing. They weren't too happy about that.

The rototiller is ready... The day is approaching.. Wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment